Friday 1 February 2013

Stripping the doors

Next up in the repainting process was to strip the doors.  This was a fair bit of work, the window actuators needed to come out along with the glass, then the 'smoker' windows and the glass channels.  I was going to leave the doors on the MG so we could ensure they fit properly but they would come off in order to do the paint.



Door cranks and armrests came off.  Note the interior trim is Autumn leaf brown. I have decided to go with an all black interior so I will be selling this trim on Kijiji.  After the armrests, door latches and the cranks are off the trim can be removed.


This plastic was not original, I had replaced the original when I did the trim kit in the 90s.



Door latches, actuators and glass were removed.  I followed the procedure in my Haynes manual which gave very clear instructions and process for doing this.  By the time I was done the door was completely stripped. On to the other side!

No comments: